Saturday, January 28, 2006

Shake That Thing!

A friend gave us two tix to a New Orleans jazz band performance held at Rollins College - the Preservation Hall Band.

You can hear them at:
http://www.rhapsody.com/album?albumId=4974518
I especially like the title track - Shake That Thing!

So amazing! The music was wonderful. The audience was made up of sexto - octogenarians. We were definitely the youngest there. We took Bella along since we got the tix on short notice and she bopped her lil self along to the music for most of the night, took a nap and then woke up in time for the closing song. Total fun.

The funny thing about the tix is that on my drive home Wed. night I thought to myself, " I really want to go out to a jazz club and wear a sexy jazz dress and just feel the music." Then on Thursday Mike calls me and asks me if I'd like to go to a jazz concert because his friend has two tix and instantly thought of us ( which while totally nice is weird since we haven't mentioned anything particular about jazz and then the audience were older folks), and then we went and had a fantabulous time. So, it just shows me that the power of thought is amazing! So start thinking good things and sending positive vibes out into the universe - what you send out comes back to you. Promise.

Erica

No comments: