Sunday, August 13, 2006

Hey, that's me!

Today Bella pointed at the desktop picture of her 5 month old self and then pointed to her actual almost 16 month self. Wow! Self recognition. I had already known that at 13 months she recognized herself in the mirror because I had done the "rouge test" which means that I put some red lipstick on her nose and went over to a mirror. As soon as she saw her reflection she touched her own nose. But now she's showing me that she recognizes herself in baby pictures. Wow!

Another amazing thing that she did today. I was administering medication to a squealing in disdain Lili who was not enjoying the cherry flavored experience and Bella rushed over to pull my hand away as if to say, "Stop that this instant." She's an advocate for her sister already. Wow.

No comments: